Monday 12 November 2012

24 December 2011 Travel to Kinali

On the 24 December 2011 I decided to
acompany my nephew Fandi and his friends to Kinali,Northeast of Padang in the regency of West Pasaman;we went to his friend Jon parents house;they own a palm oil plantation there,several hectares of plantation;they sell the palm fruit to local factories that manufacture the oil
We used a Toyota Kijang from my wife's uncle and I drove from Padang to Pariahman for around 2 hours;then once inside Pariahman some local police saw me driving;they stopped
me and asked for my license;I showed them my International license but they
keep telling It was in english and they did not understood;after a while of arguing with them they let us go not after giving them Rp 50,000(around 5$)
So if you are a Bule(westerner) better do not drive in Indonesia
After that we departed again for Kinali
on a 2 hours more drive but this time my nephew driving the car
This is the road from Pariahman to Kinali and full of Palm Oil plantations on both sides of the road


One of my friend sister's


Palm Oil fruits ready to send to the factory

This is my friend's plantation with his parent's house at the bottom

My nephew and his friends Ilham and Audi,they are all agrobusiness students at  Andalas university

My friend's sister with her baby

Then we take a cup of tea with watermelon

Finally we got some delicious river fish cooked at Pariahman style

After lunch we decided to go to the river to take some pictures;this is the small pathway to the river and this motorbikes are special to bring palm oil fruits through the small roads through the plantations

An incredible place at the foot of Pasaman mountain 


Finally what a bad luck for me;I slipped over a musk rock and fell down on the  rocks that can be seen here
on the right side of the river;I broken my right humeral head and had a big cut on the forehead

The last photograph I took that day before fell down

On the way to find a hospital


Finally in the hospital Rumah Sakit Jamil they told me I had a humeral head fracture,a fours pieces fracture and need operation and pins insertion to join the pieces;I was really worried,I had an insurance that cover all expenses but I decided to go to a traditional healer called Singsei(chinese traditional medicine man);his name was Om Sinyo and he was known to heal broken bones,even doctors consultation him;he told me not to do operation;he treated me with some plasters on my shoulder and massages;after a few days I went back to orthopedist to hospital and he told me i would not be able to lift my arm higher than my ears if not make operation before 15 days are passed;at the end I decided to follow the tradtional healer and after 1 month and a halve I was lifting my arm almost completely;I do not mean anyone in medical needing not to go to hospital but this was what I decided
Nowadays almost one year later my arm is almost fully recovered with just a few degrees lost of lifting

No comments:

Post a Comment